Still struggling with your College Application essay?
Well, which one is it – Personal story essay | Why an MBA | Why ‘this’ B-school essay? | Career Goals Essay | Leadership Essay | Teamwork Essay | Weakness/Failure/Setbacks Essay | Achievements essay | Challenges overcome/risks taken | Ethical Dilemma/social responsibility | Passion/Motivation/Initiative | Diversity/community | Additional information/extenuating circumstances | Undergraduate Application Statement of Purpose (SOP) | Master’s Application | The Common App Prompts…
Whatever the essay, remember: They are not asking you to change the world or be the next Steve Jobs; but they are certainly interested to know if you believe in your own brand.
Here are some tips to help you change your perspective:
- College Essay writing = 30% writing skills + 70% thinking skills
- There is no fixed way to write
- The final essay can take multiple drafts, re-drafts and still may not be perfect! Keeping at it is important
- Pre-writing is as important as writing
- Your story is your strongest ‘hook’
- Giving more TIME betters the chances of a superb pitch
- Seek guidance. It is a process of mentorship that can really add value.
Watch the College Essay Impact presentation to know more.