With over 3000 colleges to choose from in the United States alone and so many universities almost like the metro stations in London, it can be a daunting task to decide on where to study. The world is a global village they say, but it is a large village nevertheless. There are some hutments (universities) in this village that can become your nurturing ground and there are some areas or fields that might not complement your inner framework or ambitions in life.
Even so, for the purpose of progress and earnest development in the direction of your dreams – you must decide.
While it is recommended that you get in touch with an unbiased mentor to help you with this process; for an undergrad course particularly, here is a do-it-yourself step-by-step Decision guide that might help you to shortlist from the ocean of choices:
– Would you wish to study at a Public or a Private college?
– 2 year associate degree / 3 year degree / 4 year degree
– Any location preferences
– SIZE OF CAMPUS
– Should my hostel / dorm be on campus
– Multicultural group of the campus
– HOW IMP IS THE COST OF STUDY
– Do I need to apply for financial aid
– Are scholarships available
– MAJORS I wish to take up (especially for US colleges)
– The course I wish to study
Other considerations: such as the learning Environment, ethnicity, co-education…
This funneling exercise is only the beginning though, there are many aspects to consider and a holistic approach to your admission process can help you reach where you aspire. Good luck!